In which I show my last 3 Project Linus blanket donations for 2019, reaching my goal of 12! The jelly roll race and small pinwheel quilt were pieced by Susan P, with Jennifer O. adding a border to the small one and quilting that one for me. I pieced the Lobster Quilt earlier this month at retreat and left it with Jennifer O. to quilt. She did an amazing job of quilting waves all over the quilt. I am so thrilled that with the help of these two wonderful ladies I will reach my goal of at least 12 blankets donated this year to Project Linus. Thank you both for your generous help!
Edited to add apparently I was in a rush to get to work yesterday morning and forgot to actually publish this post. *smacks head* So here I was rushing to get it done on Tuesday for once and here I am posting it on Wednesday. *sigh* oh well.
A bit of rambling but I still managed to keep it under 5 minutes. Not a lot of show but some tell about what’s currently happening in the Project Room. Currently binding three quilts for Project Linus that will be turned in at the December meeting and holiday party. TTFN!
I did it! I actually got caught up on the Project Linus 2019 Mystery Quit and completed the layout of the top. This was a fun one. I made several blocks I’d never made before and used up a decent amount of my batik stash, at least until my awesome BFF Jennifer decided to replenish my stash with a bulging box of fabrics from her own stash. Now I just need to find another project for my NEW batiks, thanks for sharing, these fabrics are gorgeous!
The great granny square afghan is done and turned in. I joined all the squares with slip stitch on the back, and then joined all the rows the same way. It made a pretty good size blanket. About 47″x53″. Now I’m just working on finishing up the previous two weeks of the Project Linus Mystery quilt so I can get it put together as soon as they release the layout this Saturday! Plus another crochet blanket is in progress, thanks to a tutorial by Bella Coco on youtube. You can find her tutorials on her website … See you next week!
In which I show you my blocks so far in the Project Linus Mystery quilt for this year. Weeks 1-3 are complete! Meanwhile I’m working away on turning ALL.THOSE.GRANNY.SQUARES. into a blanket to turn in a week from Saturday, so that I can move on to week 4’s pattern for the mystery quilt, 2 log cabins.
In which I show off my first week’s blocks for the new Project Linus Mystery Quilt “Logey Bear Leads the Way”. This year I’m using all stash fabrics/scraps. The Pfaff/Regulator saga continues, but I didn’t go into it at all this week. Also I forgot to mention that a coworker gave me an old (but never used) quilt she won in a silent auction for her son’s theater group years ago that had just been sitting in a bin. It looked ruined but I washed it in warm with a couple of color catchers and lo and behold it came out just fine. So I snipped a few threads, sewed a Project Linus label on it called it PL2019 #8, which means I’m still only ONE blanket behind for my donations this year, yay!
Here’s a photo of the quilt before and after washing:
In which you can see a bit more progress on the Halloween Quilt #2, and I talk about Project Linus, Ukuleles, and Other Things.