- Working on a new project board, but first I need to pull out all of my UFOs, orphan blocks and stuff to see what I have and decide the priority for finishing. Chris’s messenger bag will be the first project other than quilts. I know that the first 2 quilts will be the tee shirt quilt and my nephew’s POD.
- I can’t walk in my sewing room so another priority is to get it a bit more organized.
- My word for this year is Joy! I am basically a happy person but occasionally I become a bit down, or find things a bit tedious. This year I hope to find joy in everything I do in my sewing room (even the dreaded tee-shirt quilt). If I’m not exactly joyful while making it, I’ll try to remember the joy I will feel when it is finished, and when I give it to Matai.
I tried to make a video yesterday but coughed and sneezed all through it so I ditched it. I have the end-of-year crud but hope it will be better in a few days. Garrick’s first birthday party and Vanessa’s 41st will be on Saturday and I really don’t want to miss them, but I’d rather miss them than share this. Okay, enough whining!
I had a lovely Christmas; Vanessa and Pat hosted it for the first time this year and did a great job. They had the house nicely decorated and the food was great. Some of us brought sides and desserts to add to it and it was a veritable feast!
Our first family photo since Vanessa and her mom joined the Pepper clan was taken that day and I’m going to post it here.
Jennifer, I’ve pulled 8 or 9 fabrics from my stash to choose from for the swap. I am really looking forward to this as well as the Star Trek row-along. Tim has been a huge Star Trek fan since the original debuted and I haven’t ever made a quilt for him. I don’t know how I’m going to keep this a surprise, but I’m going to try.
1) Our little family: Marianne, Chris, me, Tim, Vanessa, Pat, Garrick
2) My Pepper Men: Tim’s brother David, Chris, Tim, Garrick and Patrick (Garrick was either very sleepy or singing Christmas carols)
For some reason I could not add pictures at the end of the video so I’ll add them here. Lilith approves of the stockings.
Boy, I hope nobody on my Christmas list watches my videos!!
We had a lovely Thanksgiving. The kids, Vanessa’s mom and my cousin met at Golden Corral and enjoyed the buffet and the company. Tim’s brother came to our house later in the evening to introduce his new girlfriend. I think she’s a keeper – very nice woman and she is a quilter!
I’ve been working on Christmas gifts and will show you my progress next week. Meanwhile here’s a picture of what I’m most thankful for this year.