Five quilts completed so far in 2017; one more has been shipped from MSQC and should be here in a few days. My goal was six quilts so I’m way ahead of schedule. There will be at least two more completed and maybe more!
Boy was I tongue-tied in this video.
Athena’s Run will be in September at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons. For those of you nearby, you are welcome to join Team Hot Pepper!
And there is a reason for the lack of video. I got one of my quilts back from Missouri Star and got the binding complete and it’s been washed. I don’t want my son to see this until his birthday in October so I didn’t want to post a video of it on YouTube just in case he or Vanessa might see it. When I made the goal to try to quilt all of my finished tops in the next few years, I asked my boys to choose which one they would like. This is the one Pat chose. (Chris’s choice is one I’ll try to quilt myself since it is smaller.)
I am totally in love with this quilt. I made the top several years ago – one of the first ones I ever made. The blocks and the little border squares are hand-pieced and this quilt taught me that I do not want to do that again!!! The quilting on it is done in light green so it pops on the black squares and especially on the back of the quilt. Patrick has always been partial to St. Patrick’s day (wonder why?) so I chose the shamrock and leprechaun hat quilting.
This week I also tested a block for Jennifer (which I love) and have finished 24 of 62 tissue holders. I started these yesterday and have all of them cut out and the first 2 seams done so the hardest part is done. Only have 2 seams and turning to go on the rest. These will be given to survivors attending Athena’s Run for GYN Cancers in September. I’m also hoping to finish 60 snap tabs. I think having these done by Sept. 21 is doable. I’ll show these next week.
Meanwhile, I’ll be watching your videos and I’ll see you next week.
Please pardon the quality of this video. The room is a bit dark so it’s throwing the colors off and for some reason the sound quality is very poor. I got a new video camera and I hope I’ll know how to use it by next week!
One thing I forgot to mention in the video is that I am coming along, although slowly, with organizing my sewing room. This may end up being a summer-long project.